Ridiculously Fab backgroud

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wine bottle crafts!

Whooooa nelly!  That's a LOT of wine bottles!  Well, you must be thinking, "Man, that girl is an alcoholic!"  But NO, I am not.  My friends are.  I'll admit, some of them are mine.  I like wine.  Which is what prompted me to do this little project in the first place.  So, first thing you'll need to do is get those damn labels off.  Soak them in HOT soapy water for about 30 minutes in your kitchen sink, then scrape them off with a butter knife.  Works great!  Then take a Magic Eraser and scrub those bottles squeeky clean!  I love Magic Erasers. 

Then, go to any craft store and buy anything that tickles your fancy.  I'm not a big fan of Michael's, but since today is Sunday, Hobby Lobby isn't open.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Hobby Lobby, except for the fact that they are not open on Sunday.  But, in Michael's defense, they did have a good sale going. 

And you are going to need this!  I bought this at Lowe's for $3. and something.  I bought 2 of them b/c I have so many alcoholic friends who gave me their wine bottles.  {THANK YOU HEATHER!}  So I have a LOT of bottles to decorate!

Make sure you get the green and purple ones to make a cluster of grapes out of.  And make sure they are FLAT on the bottom. 

Well, ok then!  On to the Fleur de Leis.  This is a sticker that I found in the scrap book section.  Peel and stick it on.  YEP! That easy.  Repeat 3 times! {As you will see in the next photo} 

Here you can take a sharpie pen and mark where you wanna put more BLING BLING.  Just so you can visualize your pattern. 

Really this is pretty self explanatory.  Just a little dab will do ya.  And a little TIP... Use tweezers to grab the tiny lil jewels.  Much easier than your fat fingers. 

**VOILA**  I know what you're thinking....."AH MAN! She f'd it up! It's upside down!"  NO, NO, NO!  The point here is to take a .75" copper pipe {NOT SHOWN ... obviously} about 3 ft long, place the copper pipe into the opening of the wine bottle, punch it into the ground, place a t lite on top, and there you have it.... A WINE BOTTLE TIKI TORCH! 

This is Isaac {my 13 y.o. son} holding this one for me.  He was not happy in wanting to help.  As you can see he has a tight grip and wants to slug me with it.  Well, folks, luckily for him he didn't.  He is still alive and well. 

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!  Purdy!

Cute little butterfly.  :)

And here's one with the FLAT glass beads.  I also bought silk flower/leaves.  You can buy copper wire, which I'm sure isn't cheap.  But luckily for me, we are finishing the basement and there was copper wire everywhere!  YAY for me!  I picked it out of the trash and it was as good as new!

I just threw this one in for effect, since I am a photographer.  I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sun flare.  COOL.
Place it on a copper pipe {AGAIN, not shown} and punch it in the ground.  Place a t lite on top! 

TA~DA!

4 comments:

  1. Glad this alcoholic friend of yours could help a sista out!! (and I'm glad Isaac is still alive and well! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue bottle with the fleur de lils, I may turn it around and display it on the wall with a candle in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wine bottle arts are so pretty. Can I share it to my website?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share away, if you don't mind giving me credit! ;) And a side note, use a glue gun instead of the silicone. Works faster and is less messy! :) AND if you decorate the bottles right side up, you can buy online cork candles to place in the top of the bottles. http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/wine-cork-candles-set-of-12
    HAPPY WINE BOTTLE CRAFTING!


    What is your website?

    ReplyDelete